Saturday 1 October 2016

A proud army brat

My dad has lost so many of his frnds during war or technical failures. There were days where there's no phone calls between us because he was in an area where it was difficult to find a telephone, once he was in jaisalmer during 1999 kargil war we got news dat few soldiers died during fixing mines, and dat was the day we didn't get a single call which was regular mumma was crying and I was hardy 5 to 6yrs. Old and trying to find the reason behind her tears I asked her many times but her unsatisfactory answers satisfied me at dat age coz I didn't knew that my father is not only a super hero for me but for the whole nation and finally arornd 10.30 p.m. he called up to inform us that he’s okay.
We children use to stand with eyes full of hope waiting for the bus with desire that next bus will surely bring my dad. I have been through such nights when I had to tie my and pappas hand together so that I can see him in the morning. I have seen many of my civilian frnds coming to bus stand with their fathers but the person use to stand next to me was my mumma she was the one who played the role of a dad too in his absence. Now I feel, to be a wife of a soldier requires the same bravery as a soldier needs. Her face with no stress but her heart full of worries now this is all what I can remember and feel about her, she is indeed a lady soldier but without a uniform fighting against her fears and managing every thing with the brightest smile on her face.
I felt his absence in my school programs PT meetings and many more such events but after the news of uri attack I can realize the pain and grief of those army brats who lost their father and some their sons cause I too being a proud daughter of solider cannot exactly relate the pain but can feel the emptiness...
This is their profession and I don’t think there’s been a single day where they ever complained they wakes up with a big smile on their faces because they are serving their nation.

And now I would like to thank everyone who are involved in surgical strike.
A special thanks to our honorable prime minister Mr. Narendra Modi for this brilliant step. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment